Week of Respect 2018
October 1 - October 5
During Week of Respect we will be focusing on random acts of kindness.
- Each day a morning announcement will be read that includes a daily kindness challenge.
- In addition to the daily kindness challenge, we will be inspiring kids to spread kindness throughout the school.
- Grades K -2 - Each teacher will receive "Caught Being Kind" slips for each of their students. As they see students doing a kind act they will write it down and present the slip to the student. The goal is for every child to get a slip by the end of the week.
- Grades 2-5 –each classroom will have a Kindness Station where students can write down a kind act that they did for someone or a kind act that someone did for them. They will record them on post its and the kind acts will be put on a bulletin board across from the music room so students will have a visual of all of the kind acts that are occurring.
- At Brooks Crossing there will be a School wide bulletin board display showing the acts of kindness that were occurring around the school.
- In the Kindergarten and 1st grade classes, the counselor will do a read aloud of the book, It’s Good to be Kind, and follow up activity.
- The 2nd grade classes will receive a lesson taught by the counselor that focuses on teasing and demonstrates the power of our words.
Morning Announcements (Includes Daily Challenge) - BC
Today’s Kindness Challenge is: Invite a new friend to play or hang out with you at recess.
Today’s Kindness Challenge is: Thank a teacher, lunch teacher, bus driver, custodian, or cafeteria worker for what they do.
Today’s Kindness Challenge is: Compliment 5 people today. Remember a compliment doesn’t have to be about what someone is wearing or how they look. You can also compliment people on things you like about them. For example, you can tell someone why you think they are a good friend.
Today’s Kindness Challenge is: Do something helpful today. Examples of being helpful are holding a door for someone, picking up a piece of trash that doesn’t belong to you, or helping a friend who may be upset.
Today’s Kindness Challenge is: Be kind to yourself! Think of 5 things that make you awesome!